The Committee for Leadership Advancement (CLA) was created to encourage recent graduates to become more involved in organized veterinary medicine and NYSVMS. CLA members meet as a committee, the day before quarterly Board meetings, and work on projects to address the needs of our national, state and regional organizations and veterinary students. Currently, CLA gives a presentation to students at Cornell CVM, on topics such as life after vet school and the latest issues that affect the practice of veterinary medicine. CLA also helps organize the Power of 10 leadership program.
Benefits to becoming a CLA member:
- A chance to attend AVMA House of Delegates meeting and leadership conference in January in Chicago for the opportunity to meet with colleagues, school faculty, administrators, and consultants. (NYSVMS provides funds for one member to attend every year.)
- Attend all 4 Board meetings (one night hotel is covered by NYSVMS), where you will receive updates on legislative and clinical practice issues. These meetings have inspired CLA members to become more active on both the state and regional level.
- CLA members receive free yearly NYSVMS annual dues. (Regional dues are not included).
- Must have graduated from veterinary school within the past 15 years and be a current member of NYSVMS.
- Attend at least two CLA meeting in person and one by conference call each year.
- An interest in giving back to our profession by educating ourselves, colleagues and students and a willingness to develop projects to serve new graduates, as well as NYSVMS.
If you are interested in joining CLA, email Stephanie Quirini at firstname.lastname@example.org.